Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Tried and Tested: Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara

I'm a little bit obsessed with Josie Maran. It was love at first swatch with her Argan Illumanizer and ever since purchasing I can't help but stare longingly at the display at Mecca Maxima every time I'm in store.

I ended up adding the Argan Black Oil Mascara to my collection because even though I have more than enough mascaras for only having two eyes I was very intrigued by the brush and the formula just looked SO black! Also my taste in mascaras is expensive to say the least and while I'm usually happy to sell my body parts on the black market for a $52 LancĂ´me mascara, finding cheaper alternatives would help my budget situation.

What really impressed me about the product was how well it wore throughout the day. It held a curl and didn't smudge or flake but was so easy to remove at the end of the day with just micellar water. Initially I found application a little difficult because it is quite a large brush, but after giving it a go for a few days I was able to easily get a result that I really liked.

This mascara is definitely fantastic for volume but is more on the natural side in terms of length which is unfortunate for my stubby lashes so while I was a little disappointed at first I still enjoy using this mascara on more natural makeup days as it wears so well without the eye tugging needed to remove it later! It would also be great for those of you blessed with naturally long lashes who just want a bit of definition and volume! It also has the added benefit of containing Argan Oil to condition your lashes as well which is really unique to the market.

Overall, another beautiful product from Josie Maran that I am happy to have in my collection. I am happy with the price point too, at $27 I don't even cringe!

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment