Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

I've got mail! Online Haul

I placed orders on three different online sites and wanted to share with you guys not only my haulage but my experience of shopping with them as well. I'll be comparing each online shopping experience including shipping costs and how long I had to wait until my order arrived!

Firstly, I have had the Tanya Burr lip glosses on my wish list for a long time, especially when she launched heaps of new shades. I was browsing feelunique.com when I came across a deal of 2 for 3 on Tanya Burr's range! I immediately placed an order for the shades I Found Nemo, Lunch Date and Picnic in the Park. These glosses are $13.49 which I definitely found to be good value. The glosses are creamy, pigmented and long lasting. The only thing I don't like about these glosses is the scent which is a sweet, candy like scent that is WAY too strong for my liking.


My shopping experience with feelunique.com was definitely positive! I received my order just under two weeks from when I placed it. Shipping is free for all orders over $20 so you'll likely be able to get free shipping on your order otherwise shipping is only $3. Overall I will definitely shop on Feel Unique again especially as I've noticed they often have sales and discounts.

My second order was placed on beautybay.com, another UK online beauty site. I've know about Beauty Bay for a while, particularly as a convenient way for Aussies to get their hands on Urban Decay. I noticed they now stock Zoeva and after wanting to fill a few gaps in my brush collection I placed an order for the 101 Luxe Face Definer and 105 Luxe Highlight brushes. (please excuse my dirty brushes I couldn't help myself!)




Shipping is free from beautybay.com for all orders over $20 or just $3.80 - comparable to the great deal offered by Feel Unique. The only problem I had with ordering was that I couldn't pay with Paypal. I know as a reputable online store I don't really have to worry about security but I do prefer using Paypal. I also found that my order took almost four weeks to arrive. After the two week mark when I started to get a little anxious I noticed that there is a mention on the shipping page that parcels are often delayed to Australian addresses because they get intercepted at customs - my package was definitely opened!

Zoeva brushes are also easily accessible from website Luxola which I have heard a lot about from Youtubers. When I found out they had a 25% off code for Zoeva and Sigma brushes I jumped on the chance to order the Pink Elements Complete Eye Set which I have honestly been lusting over forever. Seeing one of my favourite Youtubers Sharon Farrell use these gorgeous pink brushes I just HAD to jump at the chance to get the set at an amazing price.



Luxola is a Singapore based site but is also great for Aussies as you can shop in AUD$ which is always handy. Shipping is free for all orders over $40 which is fantastic, although not quite as good as the deal offered by both beautybay.com and feelunique.com. Orders under $40 will set you back $15 for shipping. Another positive of shopping at Luxola is that you can pay with Paypal which is definitely my preferred way of paying online. However, Luxola doesn't ship to PO Boxes and my usual delivery address is a PO Box. Whilst this is a little annoying I ended up choosing to ship to my mum's work address. I received my order in less than two weeks! Definitely the fastest arrival of my orders.

Overall all my online shopping experiences were very positive! I love the range of brands available on each site and the option free shipping for such a low minimum purchase. Just note that Beauty Bay shipping could take a long time!

What have you ordered online recently?

xx Cat
Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment