Pages

Friday 1 May 2015

Origins Skincare Review

For the last couple of years I've been struggling a lot with my skin. Having oily skin means black heads and breakouts and makeup never lasting and also somehow being dehydrated. Forgive me but trying to tackle all of those concerns at once can be a little confusing and overwhelming. Having tried so many different products and sometimes seeing results but most often not, its easy to get lazy and just do whatever.

I've recently learned a lot about skincare and how to tackle specific skin concerns. I figured my first issue of a super oily t-zone and uneven skin texture was probably a result of exfoliating too much (yep -twice a day...) and also not giving my skin the hydration it needed.

So I decided to try some products from Origins to switch up my skincare routine because (a) they are affordable (b) they use natural ingredients and (c) they smell good!

Because I do wear makeup most days, I wanted to feel like I was getting a decent clean, especially since I knew I had to start cutting down on scrubs. I liked the idea of the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash because it still foams without containing sulphates. I use this cleanser at night after I remove my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and smooth. It is marketed for use on all skin types and it has definitely made my skin more balanced. I don't feel it has exacerbated any dehydration I have around my cheeks and forehead while still controlling my oily t-zone.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who struggles to maintain their combination skin.

I have also added the Origins Make A Difference Plus+ Rejuvenating Moisturiser into my everyday routine. The Make a Difference range is specifically targeted to restore hydration into the skin and repair the skin over time to improve it's own moisture retention. I am absolutely in love with this moisturiser and it is perfect to use underneath makeup. I find it instantly brightens my skin as well as making it feel really smooth helping everything that goes on top look much better! I love that it locks in moisture all day so that even after wearing makeup all day I don't feel as if my skin is really tight and dry. I also really like its light texture so it doesn't feel heavy at all and absorbs quickly into the skin. I'm really interested to see how the overall hydration of my skin improves from continued use. My only gripe with this product is that it is in a tub which is a little less convenient than a tube or pump bottle - but there is definitely heaps of product to last you a really long time!

 If that wasn't enough hydration for my skin I've also started using the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask 2-3 times a week. After wearing this at night I guarantee you will wake up with the softest skin that looks so bright and healthy! It also has apricot kernel oil so it smells so delicious! Just like the Make A Difference Moisturiser, this mask it not thick or heavy on the skin at all! If you have really dehydrated skin you could definitely use this as your nightly moisturiser.

To specifically tackle some of my more oily issues - acne and stubborn blackheads - I've been using the Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask as well as Never a Dull Moment Face Polisher both each a few times a week. I really want my skin to look brighter and more naturally luminous and both these products have been so effective. I have been popping the Out of Trouble Mask on all over my face around once a week, whilst using as a spot treatment whenever needed. It has a pleasant and refreshing menthol scent, but it might be quite strong for some - definitely don't get it too close to the eyes. After using the mask you can see such a huge difference in the size of pores and it leaves your face feeling so smooth! I chose this mask also because it contains salicylic acid which exfoliates within the pores and is fantastic in helping to prevent future breakouts. So far so good - but I'd definitely like to see if my breakouts do reduce significantly after using this mask consistently.

Never a Dull Moment is a brightening exfoliator and I was interested in trying this one because it contains fruit extracts so I knew I would be getting an enzymatic exfoliation as well as manual. I absolutely love this so far and find that it isn't as abrasive as my usual St Ive's scrub but with better results. It definitely leaves your face feeling brighter and super smooth. Also the scent of this is incredible!

Overall I'm really impressed with all the products I have tried from Origins so far and definitely have some more on my wish list. I would definitely recommend these products to those looking for an effective natural skincare brand. The only thing I would warn against is that the products have quite strong scents, although they are all completely natural and no synthetic fragrances are used. If you don't like using anything too scented, these products are probably not for you.

Origins is available instore at Mecca Maxima and Kit Cosmetics or at mecca.com.au

xx Cat
Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment