Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Beauty Favourites: March 2015


March has been such an exciting month for me and I'm so excited to share with you some of my beauty favourites! As well as starting back at uni for the year I've also started a new beauty-full job which is absolutely a dream come true. In this post I'm sharing a lot of new products that I've never featured before on my blog both high end and drugstore!

I've been absolutely loving using the Duo Fibre Face Brush from Real Techniques for absolutely everything! It's such a versatile brush perfect for blending foundation, using powder, sculpting the cheeks or for both cream and powder blush. Definitely one you should add to your collection - I have two, one for powders and one for liquids/creams. Get the Duo Fibre Brush Set at iherb.

For foundation, I've been gravitating towards my Bourjois Healthy Mix which is absolutely gorgeous, leaving a natural satin finish. I reached for this foundation again as my skin has been a little dehydrated and being stuck in aircon all day meant I wasn't getting as oily throughout the day. However, I definitely do need to wear a primer underneath to get some extra wear time.

Speaking of primers, I can't go past the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I've had a bit of a love affair with Hourglass products recently and I am continually impressed with the quality of their products. The Veil Mineral Primer is perfect for me as it neutralises redness extremely well and provides a beautiful smooth base for foundation. I also love using this under the eyes before I apply concealer to really add extra brightness. Overall such a fantastic product and so worth the money.



A new product that I tried during March which I absolutely fell in love with was the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush. These are new releases from Max Factor and have a striking resemblance to the Hourglass Ambient Blushes. The quality of these blushes are absolutely beautiful and they blend like a dream! I have been reaching for this blush over anything else because it gives a gorgeous sheen and looks absolutely seamless on the cheeks. Definitely a product to pick up - I loved them so much I grabbed all the shades! Also for cheeks I've rediscovered my Benefit Hoola Bronzer which was sitting a little unloved for a while but such a classic matte bronzer for contouring and warming up the face.

My go to look throughout March was definitely natural eyes and bold lips. I fell in love with the Tartlette Palette as soon as I knew it existed and having it in my hot little hands the first day it was released in Sephora was probably the most exciting makeup purchase I've ever made. The shadows are gorgeous - so pigment, soft and easy to blend and the shades are everything you could ever need for a neutral eye look. Without a doubt the best matte shadows I've ever used and honestly I love creating looks with just this palette but it is the best palette to have to accompany all your other shadows. I love wearing Caregiver all over the lid, Natural Beauty in the crease, Bombshell wet as a liner and Super Mom as a brow highlight - perfect neutral eye! Available at Sephora.

And to pair with that neutral eye - I wore bright pink lips constantly this month! The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong is my go to for a long lasting, matte finish that is going to last all day. I also recently added to my collection the Bobbi Brown Artstick in Hot Berry which is basically the same gorgeous bright pink shade but is much smoother on the lips and leaves a satin finish and is also a little easier to apply. If you're looking for a bright pink lip definitely check out those two because they are universally flattering.

March has been the month of skincare discovery for me and I've completely switched up my routine with some really amazing results (a skincare routine is coming soon!).

The first couple of products I've been obsessed with are from Origins which is stocked at Kit Cosmetics and Mecca Maxima. My first favourite is the Checks and Balances Face Wash which is great for balancing out oiliness and dehydration in the skin which is exactly what I've been suffering with. It's so refreshing and my skin feels so soft and clean after using it. I've also been enjoying the Make a Difference Plus+ Rejuvenating Moisturiser which I put on in the morning. It is fabulous under makeup and injects so much moisture without feeling heavy at all - a new staple for me! I also love that Origins uses natural ingredients and is free from parabens - also they smell incredible!

My other skincare favourite has been the Maracuja Oil from Tarte which is absolutely heavenly. I love facial oils and this one is the best I've tried. I apply at night my patting it over my moisturiser and I have noticed such a difference in the brightness of my skin since using it. Available at Sephora.

I hope you have a wonderful April and enjoy the Easter break!

xx Cat

Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment