Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

October & November Favourites

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog which has definitely not been ideal for me. I've been struggling with my health and after spending three weeks in hospital It's taken me another month just to get back into the hang of everyday life. I hope to do a more in depth post later on, or even starting another blog to document my experience of struggling with mental illness.

As we get closer to the end of the year, I have a new goal of posting every day in December! There are lots of things to be excited for (it's my birthday tomorrow!!) and I'm really happy to be diving head first into my writing again, and of course sharing my love of beauty with you.

I thought to best way to start off would be to take you through both my beauty and non-beauty favourites from the last couple of months!

Beauty


Two of my most recent beauty favourites are both new finds for my base - and are definitely on the other ends of the spectrum when it comes to coverage. Firstly, is the Super BB Cream by ChiChi ($22.95). I've heard a lot of reviews impressed with this BB cream's coverage but to be honest I find it to be pretty similar to other light coverage products on the market. The reason I've been reaching for this a lot is that it lasts SO LONG! In this Australian heat, a long wearing base is essential for any makeup look and this will last all day when set with a little bit of powder. Such a fantastic everyday base and is also great value as you get 50mL.

My other favourite is another base product, again in the drugstore price range. I picked up the Australis Full on Foundation ($12.95) in the recent Priceline 40% off sale and I have been very impressed. This foundation, marketed as "heavy coverage" is so easy to apply, blend and covers imperfections flawlessly. I swiped the product straight onto my face and then blended out with a fluffy brush and that was it! I have tried Australis face products before and they really did not work for me so I was pleasantly surprised, especially as the shade 'Nude' was the perfect shade for me. Another great affordable foundation!

My final two favourites also fall into the same category - nails! I've been really enjoying painting my nails as a little motivation to grow them out after my anxiety resulted in the total destruction of my nails. My favourite nail treatment is the Ultra Strong Nail Hardener by Essence ($4.10) and I was so excited to see that it was back in Essence stands as part of their Australian range. I always use this as a base coat and it keeps my nails nice and strong as well as preventing staining. Essence is available at Target and in Priceline.

Finally, after lots of trial and error, I have finally found my perfect top coat and my no.1 essential for doing manicures at home. The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat ($15.45) ticks all the boxes: fast drying, glossy gel-like finish and makes a huge difference in extending the life of your manicure. Whilst I do think it's a little pricey, I always stock up at either Chemist Warehouse or Priceline when they have their big sales as I do go through this quickly!


Non-Beauty

Having some extra time on my hands meant I have been able to spend some more time exploring Youtube. I have been particularly loving watching daily vlogs and a few favourites include Zoella and Lindsey from BeautyBaby44. 

My favourite beauty guru of the moment is the incredible Tati of GlamLifeGuru. She is just amazing, posts videos five times a week and gives amazing tips and reviews. She is currently planning her wedding and has started a 'Wedding Wednesday' series including little vlogs of all the wedding craziness!

I've also been obsessed with the Divergent trilogy and can hardly put them down! They are a great easy read and a must if you have enjoyed the Hunger Games series.

And finally, I hate to admit it but I have been slightly addicted to the new Candy Crush Soda Saga app. I'm really terrible at computer games at general but really like those type of puzzle games. I hate how it drains the battery on my phone though! 

---

I hope you all enjoy my presence back in the online beauty world and I am very excited to be back! One of my favourite beauty bloggers' Sarah from More Than Adored is hosting another photo challenge on instagram which I will also be taking part of every day in December so don't forget to follow me there and definitely get involved too!

                                  

Happy 1st Day of Summer! 

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @cathsintents
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment