Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

Intents Beauty Favourites: Foundations

I'm definitely quite fickle with my foundation. I may get into a routine for a week or so, using the same product, but I can never settle on just one for very long. However, after a lot of experimentation and testing my collection of foundations with different primers, application methods and setting powders I've streamlined my everyday, go-to foundations to just four absolute favourites that I know I can always rely on. I've provided a detailed review of each foundation below:

// Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel

The Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue has been a staple in my routine all year and a base I continue to reach for when I'm after a light, but perfected base. I absolutely love the glowy finish it gives to the skin as well as how incredibly comfortable it is to wear. I am also always impressed by how well the Complexion Rescue wears, whether I just quickly throw it on for uni or I completely set it with a powder. Highly recommend as a light-weight base that would be great for summer!
  • Light Coverage
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 30
  • Best applied with fingers or a buffing brush
  • $43 for 35mL
// Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

Whenever I want a decent coverage with long wear I always reach for the UD Naked Skin Foundation. Naked Skin has a really unique, thin texture that sits incredibly comfortably on the skin and is fantastic for building up coverage. The finish is definitely matte but doesn't look dry or powdery at all, especially on my combination/oily skin. The matte formula is one that does dry down and sets on its own so you can get away without setting it with a powder. 
  • Medium, build-able coverage 
  • Best applied with buffing brush for fuller coverage or a beauty blender for a lighter coverage.
  • $60 for 30mL
// Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint

This is one foundation that really surprised me when I first tried it and one that I love to wear when I want my skin to look glowy and healthy. It has quite a thick texture that is best blended in with your fingers or a synthetic blending brush (Hourglass No.2 brush is perfect!). This is not my longest wearing foundation, however when applied over the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and set with the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, you have a winning combination that tends to last me the entire work day. Another great feature of this foundation is the inclusion of Hyaluronic Acid which makes it really comfortable to wear.
  • Medium Coverage
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 15
  • Best applied with fingers or a buffing brush
  • $80 for 30mL
As you can tell from my choices, I definitely prefer higher end brands when it comes to base products. The main reason is the shade range available and I can never seem to find a perfect match in drugstore foundations. However, if you are looking for a great foundation formula at a more affordable price I recommend; Maybelline FitME Matte + Poreless, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation and Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment