Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2015

First Impressions: L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper


I only picked up one product in the Priceline 40% off sale (talk about restraint!) and it was the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in the shade 'Dark Brunette'. I was looking for a tinted brow gel and heard that the L'Oreal was a good affordable alternative to the Benefit Gimme Brow which has been a favourite of mine for a while. So, how does the L'Oreal compare?

Unfortunately, my first impressions of the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper weren't that great. When I first applied the brow gel I noticed that the formula is extremely wet and because the brush isn't as small as the brush on the Benefit Gimme Brow, it got a bit messy. Even after using it a few times, I still find application quite messy; especially when you try to build up the product. I also wasn't a fan of how 'crunchy' the gel was and that I could feel it on my brows all day.

I have continued to use this product because I really like the shade. 'Dark Brunette' isn't too warm and it's definitely pigmented enough to wear on its own for a natural brow look. I also like how it has fibres that give the brows a 'real' textured look, so even though my brows felt crunchy, they didn't look like they were.

Overall, unfortunately from my first impressions, I can't recommend this product. L'Oreal is really overpriced in Australia and while some of their products are worth the money, I don't think this is one of them. I will definitely be going back to my Benefit Gimme Brow in the future.

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment