Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Keeping Up With The Beauty Bloggers: Beauty News March 2015




March is a pretty exciting month if, like me, you are a beauty addict. New releases means more makeup and more makeup means more shopping - YAY! Hopefully I can remember to do one of these monthly/bi-monthly to keep you all up to date.

There's no doubt that Anastasia Beverly Hills has made huge waves in the beauty community. As a brand they have been releasing high quality and on trend products in the last year or so that you should definitely know about. You can now purchase ABH at Sephora in Sydney and their ever so coveted Contour Palettes have just landed in store! I'm sure a lot of Aussie beauty lovers are ecstatic to be able to get their hands on this palette without having to order online. Sephora aren't super open about when new releases will be in store so I recommend following their instagram @sephoraaus.

Everyone knows the most exciting launch in March is Urban Decay coming exclusively to Mecca Maxima! Mark your calendars - March 27th is the day. Mecca Maxima will be stocking the FULL range of Urban Decay products and you can also purchase online.
Mecca Maxima are also expanding with a few new stores opening. There will be a pop-up Maxima store in the QVB in Sydney opening late March and a brand new store opening at Liverpool Westfield. I remember this time last year there were only two Maxima stores - one in Parramatta and another in Warringah. Now I'm sure most people in Sydney will have a Mecca Cosmetica or Maxima store less that 10km from their houses. #worlddomination

Image: mecca.com.au

Carisa Janes, the CEO and founder of Hourglass Cosmetics was in Australia recently and a few beauty bloggers shared with us an exciting new release! Two new bronzers will join the 'Ambient Lighting' range in June - again available at Mecca Maxima and Cosmetica. Now you can powder your whole face in light filtering goodness!!
  • As a side note I've been super lucky to try heaps of the Hourglass line recently and let me tell you that if you haven't heard much about their products I highly recommend heading into Mecca and exploring their collection. Especially the complexion products... Veil Mineral Primer is life. 

Unfortunately, I have to end on a bit of a sour note but I think it's something that needs to be discussed. I wanted to announce that I will no longer be supporting Lime Crime as a brand. I have two of their lipsticks (both bought from Australian retailers) and will continue to use them but I'm kind of bummed I bought them in the first place. For those who don't know, Lime Crime's brand history is a little shady. I knew all of this before I purchased and it did discourage me for a long time, but to their credit, Lime Crime do stock a decent quality product for the price - nothing too dodgy there. However, In the last month or so a huge scandal including credit card fraud, security breaches, huge beauty gurus publicly denouncing the brand and heartbreaking stories have really made the brand unappealing, to put it nicely. I won't blab on about the whole story because there are so many posts already - so I'll link some really informative resources down below. Basically as a consumer, I have decided not to support a business that acts in a negative and harmful way to their customers.

That wraps up March Beauty News! Let me know what you think in the comments below :)

xx Catherine

Follow me!

Instagram @_cat.mac
Twitter @cathsintents

No comments:

Post a Comment