Pages

Monday 17 August 2015

Tried and Tested: Maybelline FitME Matte + Poreless Foundation

As mentioned in my last post, Maybelline is currently 50% off at Priceline until the 24th August. I took advantage of the sale to pick up the new formulation of their FitME Matte + Poreless foundation after being a fan of the FitME concealers for a few years.

I matched myself to the shade 115 Ivory in store which I find to be a little bit too pink to be a perfect match but it is still definitely wearable. There are only 6 shades in the range which I find to be quite poor considering the range is supposed to be about finding your perfect match.

Despite the limited shade range, this foundation has really impressed me. The formula is gorgeous - creamy and blend-able. I have applied the foundation both with a beauty blender as well as a buffing brush with great results. Matte + Poreless is definitely accurate! The foundation smooths over pores and sets to a natural matte finish.

Even as a matte foundation I don't find it to be drying at all and find it wears really comfortably throughout the day. Not only is it comfortable to wear all day but I want to wear it all day because it looks so damn good! I tested this foundation over a week of 8 hour work days and even 12 hours after application my makeup still looked fresh.

My foundation hadn't worn off at all apart from on the bridge of my nose where my glasses sit, but that is hardly avoidable. I did have a little bit of shine coming through the t-zone but not to the extent that I felt I needed to powder. I also found the Matte + Poreless foundation to be a great long lasting base for my blush and bronzer which also looked fresh at the end of the day.

My only other gripe about the product - apart from the limited shade range - is the packaging. This foundation doesn't come with a pump (GRR) and is in a glass bottle which is not ideal for travelling.

Overall however, I'm super impressed with this foundation and how it has performed so well, especially considering I paid less than $10 for it! A great one to try if you're looking for a long wearing foundation that feels comfortable on the skin.

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment